NORTHWEST CHAMPIONSHIP SDT
The Northwest Championship Trial is the oldest continuously running sheepdog trial West of the Mississippi and probably in the country. It is held in conjunction with the Linn County Lamb & Wool Fair. The dates this year are May 19-21, 2017. The event will be held for the fourth consecutive year at Wolston Farm, one mile East of Scio. If you are not familiar with the trial location please look at our directions page nad be sure to check out the information on parking status.
- Event Coordinator: Ian Caldicott
- Spectator Services: Raven OKeefe
- Sheep Setout Supervisor: Brenda Kuchenbecker - Get Set Trial setting services
- Course Directors: Ian Caldicott, Todd Kenady
- Sheep Supplier: Morris Short, Brownsville OR
- Friday -- Nursery Round 1, Nursery Round 2, Pro-Novice and Brace
- Saturday -- Open Round 1
- Sunday -- Open Round 2
- Friday -- Awards to the top two or three dogs in each class (min. 10 dogs in class) and prize money to the top 10% in Pro novice. Brace will have an award for the winner and prize money for top 3.
- Saturday & Sunday -- prize money to top 10% and awards for top three open dogs. Northwest Champion Trophy to high combined score for Saturday and Sunday.